Friday, January 04, 2008

It's New Years - Again

This new year is special for me. On January 8, 2007 I began following a low-carbohydrate way of eating. It began as formal Atkins, but over time it has morphed into a specialized way of eating that is specially formulated to match my lifestyle and dietary requirements. And the best part is, it was specially formulated by...me!

I am anxious to weigh in next week. At my last weigh in (September 2007) I weighed 317 pounds. I began at 405 pounds. I've had bloodwork done twice in the past year, and results in August were encouraging: Total cholesterol of 161, HDL 55, LDL 87, and triglycerides 95. Blood pressure was 140/70. Hoping that comes down a little next week when I visit the doctor for a one year checkup.

No matter the results next week, I can report that I have never felt better. Full of energy and my stamina for daily life is off the scale. Used to be, I would need a breather just walking down the street. Now, I exercise for an hour most days, put in a full 8-10 hour work day, and play with my daughter at night for a couple of hours, all with energy to spare. God is good. So is low carb living, eating, and loving. It's changed -- if not saved -- my life forever.

No comments: